Monday, April 12, 2010

KLK Taiping 2nd leg report


Fadzil Nayan finished 3rd


Tang Khar Khei finished 7th



Tang Wei Kit ( 5points)


U12 ladies winner



Congrats





Last rnd - Weikit lost to Sit, i so free can take photo lagi LOL





Mr Tang, 10q very much for fetching me, if not i wont be at Taiping.. Thx..






Dr yee and Mr chan old n new PICE president







Ee Shu Jing , from Ee's family, his brother was robbed a prize, i think
result not accurate , Ee kong yun actually won but report as lost.. HAIZ..








CRC TAiping founded 1915








Nice KLK sponsor..












Breakfast oso got provided , Well done CRC



CRC committee members





The hardworking Arbiter Table , EnYunus and gang..





Fong Yit Ho , finished 17th..






Chan Kah Poh, played well oni lost ot Fadzil n drew wif TKB



Tang Wei Kit.. potential Penang junior.





Tang Khar Khei in Rnd1



Ooi Zhi Yang in rnd 1


Long time no update odi haha, i wil update every tourney i pay from now on.. stay tune ya.. Haha ..





Well i went to Taiping on 11th Apr.. to play in the Perak k2nd leg.. , Huge turnout , 192 players, 7 rounds.. sure not enough odi i am very sure.. nvm.. lets move on..





Starting List of the tourney


Starting List Can see clearly Tan Khai Boon is the top seed. Oni five fomr penang, Tang Khar Khei, Tang wei kit, me, and Ooi Zhi yang play in tis tourney.. Ooi zhi yang travel on his own, while the other 4 same car.





Ooi Zhi yang, finished the tourney with 4 points, well below par performance, Walao.. i expect 5 points from him, lost to old man oso got.. LOL..



rnd 1
I got a walkover in rnd 1 , everybody seems to win easily, The seeded one la i Mean.. There is a school i think from slim river , sent 48 participants, no wonder got so many participants, Thx for playing .. I think good experience for them.


Rnd 2 and Round 3
As usual nothing much to say here



Rnd 4
Here comes the interesting part, I got black against Ee Kong Yun, got into some trouble in the opening.. then as usual defended well , and at one stage i thought i was a piece up . due to his knight pinned on d5, but i just cant take it, due to some mating threats , finally i just settle wif double bishop vs double knghts, wif rooks on board. then i went on to win as he blundered a piece. in time trouble. INteresting story was I claimed a 2mins penanly when he moved a illegal move, but arbiter wants to use anallog clock to reset it, then I say i dun want to claim odi.. haha, my itme was 4mins, his oni 1.5 mins.. so it;'s beter to have more precise time . Hehe
TKB lost tis rnd to unseeded , Syamaizar bin Lup who went on to finish 8th in the tourney..
LUNCH TIME
We, TKB , me, Mr .Tang, Wei Kit , Khar Khei and Ooi Zhi Yang had our lunch just behind Hong Leong Bank coffee shop , the chicken rice is not bad and I also notice that Bismillah Cendol closed already , So no cendol for us :(( . I stil taught Khai Boon and I can win a prize but haiz.. he relly disappointing . Ooi Zhi Yang later go buy chips on his own.. tat THAM CIAK KUI =))

Round 5

Ths round is right after lunch
I got Zul suhaili as my oppponent, A sicilan defence where I playing white, i won a pawn in the middlegame, but things changed when i blundered a pawn later and endgame reach I was B+3pawns , he was Knight + 3 pawns, both centralized king, I am just lucky that i can win Both queens our pawns and I manage to swindle him, when I was 1.5mins, he was 48secs, i checked him until he made llegal move, n I cal arbiter for my 2 mins, he sporting ly resigned, when he was a piece down, Huh. narrow escape, if not i wil join TKB =)) . Tis ound I am sure there are many interesting games but I got no time to see bcoz as I said earlier both of us are in time trouble..

rnd 6
I got an easy game against Abdul Rahman, he blundered in the opening a piece, but sacrifice another piece to attack my king, wif Knight ,pawn,quuen, my king just urn to center , covered wif my centre pawns and I am safe , later queen was exchanged n my win was never in doubt.. TKB drew wif Chan Kah Poh. This is the critical round for most of the prize winners here . Menang cantik , Kalah Mati.. LOL.. This is also another critical round , Winner takes all , this win already assured me my top 3 placing . I am sure Fadzil will not be dare to play me in the final round . LOL .. So we cna draw like Hou Yi Fan =))

Rnd 7(Final Round)
Here comes the interesting part
Fong yit san , fadzil nayan and me all 6 points, but the draw dun favor me n fadzil, we got to play each other. Behind us was 5pointers, there r at least 12 of them, the loser between me n fadzil wil be HABIS, GAME OVER, so we agreed to a draw, after i make my first move, n I just can rest =)), TKB won is rnd to finish 5.5 pts, Surprising ly wei kit n kharkhei oso 5/6 , Khar Khei won tis rnd n finish wif 6 points , more than TKB!! , Wei kit lost to sit Seng Yaw, but good performance by him, i think compared to Ooi Zhi Yang , LOL....




So finally, Yit san won his game and CHAMPION to him, Unfortunately i x take his photo, as i was busy take my prize , i am sure he wont mind :LOL
Final Standings:
1. Fong Yit San ( 7pts)
2. Anthony Liong ( 6.5)
3. Fadzil Nayan (6.5)
4.Abd Rahman 6
5.Sit Seng Yaw6
6.Ahmad Muzaffar ( shud be Ee Kong Yun) 6
7.Tang Khar Khei 6
8. Wan Mohd Jeefri 6
9. Nur Afizan 6
10.Syamaizar Bin Lup 5.5
11.Tan Khai Boon 5.5
12.Loh Thiam Sang
13. Chan Kah Poh 5.5
14. Zul Suhaili 5
15.Hor Kam Phew 5
16. Ee Kong Yun ( Unfortunately) 5 -- shud be 6
17. Fong Yit Ho -- 5
18. Muhammad Hafizi --5
19. Fong Choong Ee -- 5
20. Yeoh Choon Lee --5
OMG number 14 to 40 all are 5 pointers!! .. once u slip 0.5 points relly GAME OVER !!

OK, Bye for now.. .


Finally , Thank You to KLK and CRC for their sponsorship , If not if will not be a successful event . I find CRC is really a lucky playing venue for me.
My opinion about tis tournament
I came here the fifth time already, and I got 1st, 10th, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd . Not to say that I am good , just plain lucky I guess , =))

I think that there should be at least 8 rounds considering the number of participants exceeds 128 , But it favors me , LOL , so no compain la, just my 2 cts . The parit Buntar leg I may also play if Mr Tang can fetch me of course :) , Oh ya.. Mr Tang , i wil give ur children a book i mean i photstat and give to you , I think can help improve their understanding of the game, I find this book very helpful to me . Please remind me ya.. when I meet you .



































































No comments:

Post a Comment